Top Loading Arms
The chemical and industrial products industry faces various critical loading and unloading challenges. WSI’s range of Truck loading arm / Tanker loading arm is specifically engineered to handle the exact nature of each chemical or industrial liquid or vapor being handled in and out of tank trucks, rail cars and ISO container tanks. Whether top loading of tar sands, acetones, molten sulphur or acids, WSI has a specific solution to handle each application safely and successfully.
Standard tanker and truck top loading arm configurations are often used for chemical and industrial products; however, all products require specialized knowledge and equipment for a safe, efficient transfer. Each WSI chemical tanker or truck top loading arm is specifically engineered to match the exact nature of the product being handled. These are not petroleum loading arms with different elastomers.
Typical Standard Features
- Sizes in 2”, 3”, 4” and 6”. Larger configurations available
- Materials of construction: Carbon steels, aluminium, 304L, 316L and 904L stainless steel.
- Exotic alloys, Duplex Stainless Steel, Super Duplex Stainless Steel, Alloy 20, Monel, Inconel & more.
- All loading arm configurations can be PTFE lined
- Dual race Split Flange WL2 or Single race WSS swivel joints
- Seals in Viton™, Nitrile, EPDM, PTFE, Kalrez™ etc. to suit the specific application
- Swivel joint leak detection systems
- Heated and insulated arms (see Heated Loading /Unloading arms tab). All loading arm configurations can be heated
- Compression spring, counterweight, pneumatic or hydraulic balance control systems
- Top and bottom loading station configurations (Stand Post)
- Vapor recovery
- High-level detection systems
- Purging systems
- Control valves
- Position sensors
- Couplers and adapters
See Chemical and Industrial Top Loading Arm Options tab for additional optional equipment
All WSI loading arms are designed and manufactured within our certified ISO quality management systems and in line with ASME B31.3 Process Piping code. All loading arms and swivel joint assemblies are100% hydro tested. Dye penetrant testing and Radiography carried out to required specifications. Full manufacturing documentation and MTRs can be provided with each loading arm. Standard paint finish for carbon steel is shot blasting to SA 2 ½ and Poly Urethane RAL 7035 paint finish. Specific painting specifications also provided. If required, TPI will be provided.