Heated Loading/Unloading Arms
The chemical and industrial products industry faces various critical loading and unloading challenges. Many products such as molten sulphur, bitumen and some crude oils require to be handled at specific high temperatures during the transfer process. In extreme cold climates heated arms are used to prevent product solidifying. This is why all WSI top and bottom loading & unloading arms are available as a "heated" model available with;
- External steam or oil jacketing, or
- Electric heat tracing
All WSI arms come with custom insulation jackets to reduce heat/energy loss. Insulation jackets are removable for inspection/maintenance. Aluminium clad insulation can also be provided as required.
WSI's range of Top and Bottom Heated Loading arms or unloading arms are specifically engineered to handle the exact nature of each liquid or vapor being handled in and out of tank trucks, rail cars and ISO container tanks. For all temperature dependent liquids and vapors WSI has a specific solution to handle each application safely and successfully.
Typical Standard Features of Heated Loading Arms
- Sizes in 3” x 2”, 4” x 3”, 6” x 4” and 8” x 6”
- Materials of construction: Carbon steels, 304L and 316L stainless steel.
- Exotic alloys for specialty applications where applicable: Super Duplex, 904L SS etc.
- Dual race Split Flange WL2 or Single race WSS swivel joints
- Seals in Viton™, Hydrogenated Buna, PTFE etc. to suit the specific application
- Swivel joint leak detection systems
- Compression spring, counterweight, pneumatic or hydraulic balance control systems
- Top and bottom loading station configurations (stand post)
- Vapor recovery
- High-level detection systems
- Purging systems
- Control valves
- Position sensors
- Couplers and adapters
All WSI heated loading and unloading arms are designed and manufactured within our certified ISO quality management systems and in line with ASME B31.3 Process Piping code. All heated loading arms, unloading arms and swivel joint assemblies are100% hydro tested. Dye penetrant testing and Radiography are carried out to required specifications. Full manufacturing documentation and MTR’s are provided with each heated loading and unloading arm. Standard paint finish for carbon steel is shot blasted to SA 2 ½ and Poly Urethane RAL 7035 paint finish. Specific painting specifications are also provided. If required, TPI will also be provided.