W840 long reach (supported) bottom loading arms for chemical and industrial products are ideal for loading/unloading tank trucks and rail cars. The long reach enables greater flexibility with miss-spotting or obstructions from other rail car/tank truck equipment. The W840’s long reach and significant miss-spot capabilities are due to a swivel boom that extends and is “supported” by the riser on the stand post. This provides an extra plane or rotation and allows the loading arm to support more outboard weight and track a larger distance along the bottom side of a rail car, or bottom side and rear of a tank truck.
W840 features a 2-plane Style-70 Outboard swivel joint with handle at the outboard end.
Outboard connections are typically dry-beak coupler, hammer union, cam and groove coupler or lap flange to suit the application. Breakaway couplings and purge systems can be incorporated as required
Sizes in 2”, 3”, 4” and 6”.
- Materials of construction: Carbon steels, aluminum, 304L, 316L and 904L stainless steel. Exotic alloys, Duplex Stainless Steel, Super Duplex, Stainless Steel, Alloy 20, Monel, Inconel and more.
- Dual race Split Flange WL2 or Single race WSS swivel joints
- Seals in Viton™, Nitrile, EPDM, PTFE, Kalrez™ etc. to suit the application
- Compression spring, counterweight, pneumatic or hydraulic balance control systems
- Available in Left Hand or Right Hand, Up-feed or Down-feed and Side-feed configurations, all mounted on a stand post
- Typical range of vertical movement is +50°/-10°
- Typical boom length of 1700mm, with primary and outboard swivel at 1600mm. All dimensions can be changed to suit each application.
See Chemical and Industrial Loading Arm Options tab for additional optional equipment
See “Heated Loading/Unloading Arms” tab. All loading arm configurations can be heated and insulated