Petroleum Top Loading/Unloading Arms
WSI’s Petroleum product range of top loading arms are specifically designed for refined fuels such as gasoline, Lube Oil, diesel, kerosene, naphtha and ethanol. Whether for top loading or unloading of tank trucks or rail cars there is a WSI top loading arm to suit the particular application.
All top loading arms are a modular design with TTMA flanged connections of all the major components. Inlet flange connection is ANSI #150
- Available in 2”, 3” x 2”, 3”, 4” and 6”
- 3” and 4” being the most popular for tank truck and rail car loading
- Base Joints all carbon steel with either WL2 Dual Race or WSS Single Race Split Flanged swivel joints
- Typical swivel joint elastomers are Viton GF™ with a choice of Nitrile, PTFE, EPDM or Kalrez™ if required.
- Arms are balanced by HD compression spring with 90° of total movement.
- Alternative balance mechanisms: gas strut, counterweight, pneumatic, hydraulic
- Manual loading valve with vacuum breaker, aluminum, TTMA flanged
- Primary pipe, aluminum or steel, TTMA flanged
- Apex Style-40 swivel joint, aluminum or steel, TTMA flanged
- Drop tube, aluminum, TTMA flanged
- Long Range Arms have carbon steel booms
Top loading arms are offered in standard length configurations or custom sized to suit the exact application.
See Petroleum Top Loading Arm Options tab for optional equipment such as remote operators, vapor recovery, high-level liquid detection, parking adapters, etc.
All WSI loading arms are designed and manufactured within our certified ISO quality management systems and in line with ASME B31.3 Process Piping code. All loading arms and swivel joint assemblies are100% hydro tested. Dye penetrant testing and Radiography carried out to required specifications. Full manufacturing documentation and MTR’s can provided with each loading arm. Standard paint finish for carbon steel is shot blasting to SA 2 ½ and Poly Urethane RAL 7035 paint finish. Specific painting specifications also provided. If required, TPI will be provided